AZ Series Ethernet/IP driver - MicroLogix question

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
breniax

AZ Series Ethernet/IP driver - MicroLogix question

Post by breniax » Thu May 07, 2020 8:34 am

Hi,

In past applications, we were using ARD-S drivers in conjunction with MicroLogix1400. The plc has 3 PTO outputs and no communication was involved with the driver.

I am exploring the possibility of using the new AZ series Ethernet/IP drivers to get past the 3 axis limitation while taking advantage of the communication advantages.

I have read the documentation and AOI examples for use with the 5370 Series CompactLogix. The cost of a CompactLogix is significantly higher and this is a drawback for an OEM appication.

I am wondering if anyone ever experienced using Micro850 plc and communicate with the AZ Series drivers over Ethernet/IP. I know that the Micro800 series does not have the AOI capabilities but it can send up to 4 implicit MSG instructions per scan. Would that be a possibility ? If not, anyone ever used the Micro800 series on Oriental Motors stepping motors applications ?

Thanks,

om_tech_support_KR

Re: AZ Series Ethernet/IP driver - MicroLogix question

Post by om_tech_support_KR » Fri May 08, 2020 2:04 pm

Hello,

The Micro850 PLC hasn't been tested with our AZ Ethernet/IP drivers but you might be able to set it as a generic module and send implicit messages to our driver for control. The implicit communication section for our driver starts on page 83 of the link below.

https://www.orientalmotor.com/products/ ... 372-2E.pdf