Initializing AZ Series Driver

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
eakirk16

Initializing AZ Series Driver

Post by eakirk16 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:21 pm

I have purchased an AZ series stepper motor and a corresponding AZ series driver/actuator. The end goal of my project is to have MATLAB code and a GUI send commands to an Arduino via USB. The Arduino would then connect to the driver/motor combo via digital I/O.

I was not aware that the driver needed initialized on the MEXE02 software, and thus do not have a CC05IF-USB cable from Oriental. Is that specific cable the only way to initialize the driver for my intended purpose? If there are any workarounds, I am open to exploring it. I have a regular USB cable that fits into the driver, but the software does not recognize it and I am unable to install the corresponding USB drivers to make the connection compatible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

om_tech_support_KR

Re: Initializing AZ Series Driver

Post by om_tech_support_KR » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:09 am

Hi eakirk16,

Depending on the driver part number it might have RS-485 Modbus RTU communication. The CC05IF-USB cable isn't necessary for the AZ series just a standard USB mini-B cable to connect to the MEXE02 software. If having difficulties connecting I recommend uninstalling then reinstalling the software. Also I can email you the driver for the MEXE02 the file is too large to link here. Install this first then the software. You can also check the Com port in the Device manager and update the driver.