Changing the gear ratio on a geared motor AZ

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
Aro

Changing the gear ratio on a geared motor AZ

Postby Aro » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 am

Hello,

I am using a stepper motor AZM66MK-PS50. It has 50 000 resolution (which is 1000P/R x 50).

And my question is : can I change directly the gear ratio (which is 50) ? And how do I do that ? Because I tried to change the gear ratio in the Motor & Mechanism but when I rotate the motor (after I cycled the power), the resolution stays the same, which is 50 000.

NB : I already changed the Mechanism settings to Manual setting.

Thanks,

om_tech_support_KR

Re: Changing the gear ratio on a geared motor AZ

Postby om_tech_support_KR » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:20 am

Hi Aro,

After you change the Mechanism settings to Manual setting you then need to change the Electronic gear A and B parameters to match the resolution you need. Then you will need to save the data to the driver and then cycle the power on the driver. Reference the link below for setting of the resolution.

https://www.orientalmotor.com/products/ ... df#page=53

Aro

Postby Aro » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:42 am

So the Gear ratio setting on the MEXE02 is validated only if I change the appropriate electronic gear ?
And for example, I want my resolution to be 500, I mean 100 P/R (minimum resolution) x Gear ratio setting. Can I do that ?

om_tech_support_KR

Postby om_tech_support_KR » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Aro,

Correct you will need to change the electronic gear. To have 100 P/R you will have to change the electronic gear A to 10 based on the formula from the link from the previous post. The resolution setting range for this series is 100 to 10,000 P/R (initial value: 1,000 P/R).

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”