Using CVK series driver and motor with third party controller

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
dipankar1993

Using CVK series driver and motor with third party controller

Postby dipankar1993 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi,

I am using a CVK series driver and PKP series motor for an additive manufacturing application of the system. I need to interface with the motor and control with NI Labview. Has anyone used another third party controller (and not the SCX11 which is recommended for this) for this driver which can be interfaced with labview?

Thanks

om_tech_support_JS

Re: Using CVK series driver and motor with third party controller

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:04 am

Hi dipankar1993,

In regards to your post, if you have not reviewed the following forums yet, I would recommend starting there.

Labview with SCX10:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=687&p=1082&hilit=labview#p1082

The SCX10 is the predecessor of the SCX11 controller that is now offered on our website.

Modbus Library for National Instruments:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=828&p=1379&hilit=labview#p1379

So far, the only information that we have received from our customers is that they have tested the use of Labview through the National Instrumets VISA (Virtual Instrument Software Architecture) or via the libraries for modbus (RS-485) communication.

Therefore, if the SCX11 controller is not an option, then another option may be to look into a third party controller that can communicate via Modbus (RS-485) or some other means which Labview can communicate to.

JeraldGor

Postby JeraldGor » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:27 am

SCX10 looks like it would fit my needs as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

om_tech_support_JS

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi JeraldGor,

In regards to your post, the SCX10 is a discontinued product that has been updated to the SCX11 controller. When looking at a controller for your application, I would recommend going with the SCX11:
https://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/ ... ller/scx11

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”