AC Line Reactor

Discuss AC Induction motors, Reversible motors, Synchronous motors, Low-Speed Synchronous motors, Torque motors, Gearheads, Brake Packs and related Accessories here.
om_tech_support_AB

AC Line Reactor

Postby om_tech_support_AB » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:52 pm

Q: I have item# BMUD120-C2 and want to wire it to a single phase 200-240 VAC power supply. Do I need to have an AC line Reactor? How do I install it on my system?

R: The BMUD120-C2 can be powered by either single phase 200-240 VAC or three phase 200-240 VAC. If you are using single phase 200-240 VAC and your application needs to comply with EN 61000-3-2 to reduce the electrical noise from the driver, then yes, you do need to have an AC line reactor. Otherwise, you can operate the BMU speed controller without it. This statement also applies for our AC drivers such as BLE, BLE2,BX2 AZ, AR and RK2. (reference Table 1 below or the user manual for each product)

table.jpg
table.jpg (66.33 KiB) Viewed 343 times

We do not offer AC line reactor but you can find the recommended specifications for the BMU driver on the link below: https://www.orientalmotor.com/products/ ... df#page=40

In the Operating manual you will find an example of the driver installation and wiring. However, it does not include the AC line reactor.

wiring.jpg
wiring.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 343 times

When using the AC line reactor connect it only to “L” line, there is no need to use both N and L. In regards to the location it doesn't really matter if it is placed before the main filters or after. For further technical assistance please feel free to contact Oriental motor Technical Support at 1-800-GO-VEXTA (468-3982).

Return to “AC Motors”