stepper following with network drivers

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
om_tech_support_MD

stepper following with network drivers

Post by om_tech_support_MD » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:06 am

Question: I want a step motor to follow the motion of another step motor synchronized as close as possible, but am limited in the number of axis my PLC can control. Do you offer a product that can accommodate this?

Our AZ, AR, NX can follow encoder signals.

AZ series closed-loop high efficiency motor/driver systems (see phase difference input mode), AR series closed-loop high efficiency motor/driver systems (see phase difference input mode), NX series servo motor/driver systems (see extended functions for phase difference input mode)

AZ is currently the only series that offers a network type driver(EtherNET I/P, Modbus RTU, EtherCAT, SSCNET III/H, MECHATROLINK-III) that can send a differential output (see ASG, BSG) used to monitor the position of the stepper. This differential output can be sent to a pulse input type driver to follow the position of the master encoder. The benefit is that you would not need to add another axis. Adding additional axis, adds cost and can slow down your network communication.

A good example would be 2 conveyors where one conveyor follows the speed and position of the other. You can use a network driver to control the motion of one conveyor and the others would follow based on the position of the master encoder.

Should you have any further questions please contact us at [email protected] or call at 1-800-GO VEXTA