AZD-CD / Modbus

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
Lucas

AZD-CD / Modbus

Post by Lucas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:30 pm

Hello !
i try to control stepper motor with AZD-CD servo by RS 485 communication.
I followed steps indicated on documents to configure the communication.
Currently i try to send an array of integers with an automat, Modbus RS 485.
Settings between master and slave are identic.
i'm sur that data are send but i didn't receive anything on the servo, the RS 485 monitor on MEXE02 doesn't indicate any error.
The C-DAT/C-ERR led is still off.
I checked the cable.
I show you my settings.
Could you help me to find the problem please ?
Thanks
Lucas
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (81.56 KiB) Viewed 125 times

om_tech_support_KR

Re: AZD-CD / Modbus

Post by om_tech_support_KR » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:52 am

Hi Lucas,

Its recommended to check the switches on the front of the AZD-CD driver to match what is shown on page 281 of the manual below. Switch No.2 of SW1 would need to be on and No.1 and No.2 of TERM would need to be on also. These are the termination resistance. After changing the switches you will have to cycle the power on the driver. Then after setting the switches and cycling power you can reference page 290 that shows an example on setting position and speed then running this test position. If still having issues could you let me know the status of all the LEDs on the driver.

https://www.orientalmotor.com/products/ ... 262-9E.pdf

Lucas

Post by Lucas » Tue May 04, 2021 4:42 am

Hello !
Thanks for your help. I tried to send the query following the p.290 and it works well.
Now i want to send a query following the procedure on p. 308, direct data operation.
As you can see on the picture i send the same query on my AZD-CD but an error occurs : "outside settings range".
it correspond to the exception error 03h but i checked the description and i don't what is the problem.
Is it a problem of settings in MEXE02 ?
Thanks
Lucas
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (61.18 KiB) Viewed 94 times

om_tech_support_KR

Post by om_tech_support_KR » Tue May 04, 2021 7:38 am

Hi Lucas,

You can also set each parameter individually to see which one is giving you this error message. The sample of this is on page 282 of the manual. Note when you test to run it make sure to write a 0 after you execute your movements.

https://www.orientalmotor.com/products/ ... 262-9E.pdf