AR Flex AREA outputs

om_tech_support_JT

AR Flex AREA outputs

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu May 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Q: Hi I'm using your AR series Flex / stored-data type system. I'm having problems setting up my AREA outputs. I've assigned the AREA1, AREA2, and AREA3 outputs to my general outputs. I did remember to download the parameters to my driver from my MEXE02 GUI software, and I verified them. My issue is that all 3 AREA outputs (1/2/3) are all on. None of them should be on right now since my motor is not within the areas I've defined using the software. I want them to be off initally, and turn on when the motor is within the specified area. Can you provide any insight? The manual is kind of confusing.

A: It seems that your AR Flex / stored data system is working properly. If you want the AREA outputs to be off initially, and only turn on when the motor is within the specified area (normally open), the AREA negative direction position value needs to be less than or equal to the AREA positive direction position value. If you want the AREA outputs to be on initially, then turn off when the motor is within the specified area (normallyl closed), then the AREA negative direction position value needs to be greater than or equal to the AREA positive direction position value.

This page of the AR series Flex operating manual describes the AREA outputs (please scroll down for more information):

AR Flex, stored data, built-in controller type AREA outputs setup.jpg
AR Flex, stored data, built-in controller type AREA outputs setup.jpg (285.23 KiB) Viewed 1422 times

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”