Q: How do I make sure that my computer has everything necessary (software drivers, operating system, framework, Windows service pack) in order to communicate properly with your SCX11 universal motion controllers? I plan to communicate via USB.
A: Please refer to PAGE 6 of the SCX11 startup manual (different than the operating manual):
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 60079E.pdf
3.2 Preparation of Computer
Install the provided USB driver and utility software to your personal computer in order to execute a test operation or make
Memo When using RS-232C, skip the installation of the USB driver and go to "2. Installation of Utility Software
Immediate Motion Creator for CM/SCX Series (IMC)."
1. Installing the USB Driver
Insert the supplied CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive of the computer, power on the SCX11 and connect to a USB port
using a USB 2.0 cable (mini-B type). You will then be asked to install the USB driver. See the procedure according to the
type of Windows as follows.
Memo Prepare a commercially available USB 2.0 cables (mini-B type). A cable with ferrite cores that has the
effect of exogenous noise suppression is recommended.
1. Open "Devices and Printers " in the control panel.
2. Right click on "FT232R USB UART" and select "Update Driver Software."
3. Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
4. Click "Browse" and select the applicable CD-ROM drive, check the box next to "Include subfolders" and click "Next."
5. After successful installation, click "Close."
6. Go back to the Device Manager, right click on "USB Serial Port" and select "Update Driver Software." Repeat same
procedure as the above FT232R USB UART installation.
1. The installation of the FT232R USB UART is asked by Windows when the SCX11 is connected. Select "Locate and
install driver software," and click "Next." After successful installation, click "Close."
2. The installation of the USB Serial Port is then asked for by Windows.
3. Click "Next." After successful installation, click "Close."
1. The installation of the FT232R USB UART is asked for by Windows when the SCX11 is connected. Select "Install the
software automatically," and click "Next." After successful installation, click "Finish."
2. The installation of the USB Serial Port is then asked for by Windows. Select "Install the software automatically," and
3. After successful installation, click "Finish."
2. Installation of Utility Software Immediate Motion Creator for CM/SCX Series (IMC)
Insert the supplied CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. Open the Explorer, select the applicable CD-ROM drive, open the
IMC folder, double click on "setup.exe" and follow the on screen instructions.
∗ If Windows XP is used, it is necessary to install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 before installing the IMC. The .NET
Framework 2.0 software is on the supplied CD-ROM, under the DotNet_Framework2_0 folder. Visit the Microsoft .NET
Framework website if detailed information is required.
System Requirements for the IMC
- Windows XP SP2 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- .NET Framework 2.0
- SVGA monitor 800 x 600 or greater
- USB or RS-232C port
- CD-ROM drive
System Requirements for .NET Framework 2.0
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP SP2 or later
- Disk Space: 280 MB (x86)
Note After Installation, click "Help" - "Check New Version" on the pull down menu with the Internet
connection. If a newer version of this software is available, continue to the download and update
Memo When updating the installed version of the IMC, do so when the existing IMC is not running.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests