CRD514-KP CRK series driver: sensor mode?

om_tech_support_JT

CRD514-KP CRK series driver: sensor mode?

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Q: Hello I'm using your CRD514-KP intelligent driver and Immediate Motion Creator GUI software to drive a PK564NAW 0.72 deg step motor for an index table. I'm currently testing with 2 optical sensors a mechanical homing operation where I want to send the motor in a certain direction until one of these sensors is triggered. I have the sensors connected to the limit sensor inputs of the driver. It works, but no matter what speed I change "Home V.Run" (home running velocity) to, it doesn't seem to make a difference. What am I doing wrong? Can you suggest something that I can try to increase the homing speed?

A: It sounds like you have set your driver to accomplish all mechanical homing operations in a "2 sensor mode". We offer 2 homing modes: 2 sensor mode and 3 sensor mode. Besides the obvious difference in the number of sensors, another major difference is speed. If you use 2 sensor mode to do a homing operation, the software will automatically switch to the "Home V.Start" speed parameter, which is home starting velocity. Fast homing speeds are only available for 3 sensor mode, where it will actually take the "Home V.Run" value that you have set.

Please see below to see where you set the sensor mode and other homing parameters:
CRK IMC screenshot, enable 3 sensor mode for fast homing.jpg
CRK IMC screenshot, enable 3 sensor mode for fast homing.jpg (433.38 KiB) Viewed 3072 times

There are other ways to do a fast speed homing operation without using 3 sensors. One would be to re-connect one of your limit sensors to our driver's home sensor input, then you will be allowed to use the home operating speed for homing. However, now you're missing a limit sensor. Another way would be to re-connect a sensor to one of our driver's general programmable inputs. This way you can program your own homing sequence and set your own speeds. Sensors do not have to be connected at all times. For example, you can do a homing routine with no sensors at all. However, your motor will rotate forever since there will be no triggering of any sensors to command the motor to stop.

om_tech_support_JT

Re: CRD514-KP CRK series driver: sensor mode?

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:00 pm

For more information regarding homing operations, please refer to page 47 in the CRK series "built-in controller, stored program" operating manual linked below:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... P024-3.pdf

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”