Self-Correcting Function on the CRK Stored Program Driver

om_tech_support_JT

Self-Correcting Function on the CRK Stored Program Driver

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Q: I'm using one of your CRD514-KP CRK Stored Program type driver (with built-in controller) with your PK series 0.72 deg step motor with a built-in encoder. On the Motion Creator software, I can't seem to find where it would allow me to turn the self-correcting feature on. How can I turn this on so my motor will automatically sense an error and correct itself during motion?

A: Please make sure you have the latest version of the software. Some previous versions of the software do not have the SELF-CORRECTING drop down menu in the SYSTEM CONFIG tab. They would show the STEP OUT drop down menus only.

SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/support/so ... index.html
-or you can go to the HELP menu of the software, then click on CHECK VERSION.

Here's how the SYSTEM CONFIG tab of the CRK Stored Program Controller Motion Creator GUI software (version 2.0.1) should look like:

CRK GUI 2.0.1.jpg
CRK GUI 2.0.1.jpg (410.89 KiB) Viewed 1791 times

If you enable SELF CORRECTION with the SCEN command (SCEN=1)or by using the SYSTEM CONFIG tab of the GUI, the STEP OUT function will be disabled (STOEN=0) automatically, and the STO output will not turn on when there's a deviation error (part of STEP OUT). If you enable STEP OUT with the STOEN command (STOEN=1) or by using the SYSTEM CONFIG tab, the SELF CORRECTION will be disabled automatically (SCEN=-0). The STEP OUT function lets you know when the motor has deviated from the target position, but doesn't correct it. You would want to enable the SELF CORRECTION function by setting SCEN=1 or by using the drop-down menu in the SYSTEM CONFIG tab. You will need to connect the motor's encoder to the CRK controller/driver's encoder connector in order to make this work. Please refer to the manual to see how you can connect your encoder.

STOEN vs SCEN.jpg
STOEN vs SCEN.jpg (211.34 KiB) Viewed 1791 times

You'll also need to set up your motor vs encoder resolution parameters by using Encoder Gear A and Encoder Gear B fields in the System Config tab/window. See examples below:

EGA vs EGB.jpg
EGA vs EGB.jpg (124.3 KiB) Viewed 1791 times

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”