Keeping up with USA and global premium power efficiency standards, Oriental Motor U.S.A Corporation is pleased to introduce Brother's new 1/2 HP three-phase, F class insulation along with the 1 – 3 HP ie3 new geared motors. All gearheads remain the same, only the AC Motors are new.
New Gear Motors:
• 1/2 HP three-phase, F class insulation – three-phase (208/230/460 VAC)
• 1 – 3 HP ie3 new geared motors
• 1/2 HP three-phase (208/230/460 VAC)*
• 1 – 3 HP ie1 original geared motors
*1/2 HP single-phase (115 VAC) remain the same
As part of the global efficiency AC motor standard, Brother International has released their premium ie3, 1HP to 3 HP ac geared motors. At the same time, they have upgraded the 1/2 HP three-phase gear motors, as all three-phase brother GTR Series motors now feature “F Class” motor insulation, meaning they are inverter duty rated. All new motors have new part numbers. There has been no change to the 1/2 HP single-phase, 115 VAC gear motors. Oriental Motor will continue to be offering 3 types of “Mid Series” geared ac motors with this line up expansion;
- The G3 Parallel Shaft type
- H2 Right-Angle Foot Mount
- F3 Hollow Bore types.
What has changed?
Motor only of the geared motor combination with new part numbers
• 1/2 HP three-phase 208/230/460 VAC, F Class Insulation*
• 1 HP up to 3 HP three-phase 208/230/460 VAC
- Motor length: Longer
- Motor width: Wider
- Motor Performance: (see ie3 Performance vs ie1 chart)
• Class F Insulation / Inverter Duty: three-phase motors
• Terminal Box – Die Cast E-box (see image)
• New Electromagnetic Brakes (200 W & 400 W type) – IP44 only
*Note: 1/2 HP single-phase 115 VAC motors remain the same, no part number or specification change.
Benefits of ie3
• More efficient, less energy consumed / saves money (see chart)
• Less noise: Motor runs quieter
• Motor runs cooler
• ROI and long term machine owner saving
Premium Efficiency known as ie3 will become the standard in the USA (and Europe) as mandated by the U.S. Department of Energy, effective in the summer of 2016, for all geared motors in the power range of 7.5 kw (1 HP) up to 375 kw (500 HP). Motor only went into effect in 2015. To ensure Oriental Motor can meet this regulation, our partnership with Brother International continues with the new lineup of ie3 gear motors.
*Oriental Motor's brushless DC motor systems are already highly efficient and are above this efficiency standard so they are not impacted by this requirement.
Brother is well know as offering superior Hypoid and Helical geared motors. The brand is “GTR”. Their factories in Japan utilize the most advanced gear cutting machines in the world. With their advanced technology, they are able to offer high strength, compact size gears integrated in one (combination type) package in larger horsepower ratings then the competition. Each gear motor is sealed at the factory, utilize grease (not oil) in the gearbox and offers an “O” ring design so the motors can be mounted in any direction.
These motors are:
• Lightweight and Compact: Aluminum gear housing
• Long Life: 10,000 hours
• Durable Finish: Electrocoated paint is standard on all motors (including IP65)
• Mount in Any Direction: Due to “O” ring sealed design
• Helical or Hypoid Gear Advantage: High efficiency
- Helical - Parallel (Inline): Heat treated (carbonitriding) allows for
small gears to be used over standard Spur type.
- Hypoid - Right Angle: more efficient than worm gears with no
drop off in efficiency with larger gear ratios, meaning 100% of the
torque is available. Really shows benefit at 20:1 or greater.
- Gear Ratios offered by OM: 5 ~ 200:1.
• Standard (no X type) product offering:
- New – F Class insulation / Inverter duty – all three-phase motors
- Windings: Single-Phase 115 (1/2 HP only) / Three-Phase
208/230/460 (one winding type)
- IP65 Types (no brake type only), IP44 and IP40-(1/2 HP 115
- Terminal Box only (no lead wires) – new terminal box type
- Brake Types – new brake types (200 W / 400 W).
• Approvals: UL / CSA / CE
For more information regarding the new ie3 GTR series, please visit our website:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/a ... otors.html
Announcements related to New Products, Trainings, Software Updates, etc can be found here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests