Home position - AR66AKD & MEXE02

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
minikisscool

Home position - AR66AKD & MEXE02

Postby minikisscool » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:36 am

Hi,

I have a stepper motor and controller. AR66AKD

the motion is a rotation.
I have only one optical sensor for the home position and no limit sensor for limit rotation
The type is PNP.

In the manual, there is 2 possibilities.
3 sensor mode (LS+, LS- and HOMES) or 2 sensor mode (LS+ and LS+).

How, must I connect my sensor ?
Should I use LS+ or LS- ?
How to connect signal sensor and reference sensor.
Actually, I try to operate sensor in 2 sensor mode (referebce connected to IN-COM2 and signal sensor to LS+)
it works, but I'm limit to 1000 step - 6 step.

Another question, is it possible to change the back return of 200step when referencing ?

Thanks in advance

om_tech_support_JT

Re: Home position - AR66AKD & MEXE02

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi minikisscool,

You can connect a single home sensor in either 2-sensor or 3-sensor mode. If you select 2-sensor mode and connect the home sensor in either the LS+ or LS- input, the motor will approach the home sensor slowly, then stop at the sensor. If you select 3-sensor mode and connect the home sensor in the HOMES input, then the motor is able to approach the sensor at a much faster speed, but it will pass the sensor twice before settling into position. Since you've already tried 2-sensor mode, I think it would be good to try 3-sensor mode.

I don't quite understand your next 2 questions. Can you elaborate?

Actually, I try to operate sensor in 2 sensor mode (referebce connected to IN-COM2 and signal sensor to LS+)
it works, but I'm limit to 1000 step - 6 step.

Another question, is it possible to change the back return of 200step when referencing ?

Since you only have one limit sensor in 2-sensor mode, your travel distance shouldn't be limited. For back return, I think you might mean "offset". You can change most of these parameters within the MEXE02 software.

minikisscool

Postby minikisscool » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:17 am

Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

for my problem, the solution was to use 3 Sensor Mode and the output of the photocoupler is connected to HOMES input.

Now, I have problem with output, I tink that I will made a new post.

it is the first time I use Oriental Motor, there is a lot of documentation, but it is not so easy like another vendor and there is no french oriental motor forum or lite support.
happyless, you are here :)

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:35 pm

Bonjour minikisscool,

No problem. I'm glad 3 sensor mode fixed your problem. You're welcome to use this OM USA forum but none of us speak French at this moment. However, Oriental Motor France should be able to provide technical support either locally or from the European headquarters in Germany. I would check with them if you haven't yet.

We list their contact information here:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/company/gl ... pport.html

aldoned

Postby aldoned » Sat May 07, 2016 12:16 am

Thanks for the info

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”