ASD16B-C Replacement

Discuss Stepper motors, Drivers, Controllers, GUI's and related Accessories here.
paul emery

ASD16B-C Replacement

Postby paul emery » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:15 pm

We have a stepper controller ASD16B-C. I have a replacement controller as ARD-C. The brake for the motor is controlled by PLC output through a relay.
The ARD-C has an output for brake control. When we replace the "ASD" should I use the PLC output or the "ARD-C" brake output? THE motors for each are ASM98MC-P36 for ASD,
and ARM98MC-PS36 for the "ARD"

om_tech_support_JS

Re: ASD16B-C Replacement

Postby om_tech_support_JS » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:17 am

Hi Paul,

When replacing the ASM98MC-P36 motor and ASD16B-C driver with the ARM98MC-PS36 motor and ARD-C driver, there will be a difference in the wiring. The 36 pin I/O cable will need to be re-wired as the pin assignments are not the same as before. In addition the C-ON input will need to be wired.

For the brake connection, the AR series now features an automatically controlled electromagnetic brake. This means that you will not need an additional PLC connection for the brake operation. Please follow the wiring diagram on page 33 of the ARD-C manual for the connection of the 24 VDC power supply and electromagnetic brake connection:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... df#page=33

Return to “Stepper Motors and Controls”