Q: Hi I am interested in using one of your BX II series brushless DC servo motor systems for my factory automation project. The speed regulation and wide speed range suits my requirements. To reduce cost, I would like to eliminate the need for a PLC. I want to preset my speed with the potentiometer on the driver, then have our machine operators control the motor by pressing buttons on the driver without any external switches or relays. Is this possible?
A: Our dedicated motor and driver systems are typically designed to be used with a PLC master/host with discrete I/O, relays, switches, or network control. However, there is indeed a way to operate the BX II series system without a PLC. You can operate the motors with just the front panel buttons on the driver in TEST mode. This function is useful during testing, but it will run your motor at your preset analog speed setting(s) without the requirement of an input signal from a PLC.
There are 3 main things we need to do:
1. First set the BX II driver to SPEED CONTROL mode with switches on the front side of the driver (SW1).
2. In DATA mode, program Data 0 (d00) with your desired 2 second acceleration/deceleration under TA, TD settings. Default settings links Data 0 speed setting to the onboard potentiometer on the driver. Speed is set to 0 at the factory so remember to turn the potentiometer CW.
3. In TEST mode, perform a data number selecting operation for Data 0 (d00). Press SET to run the motor, press MODE to stop the motor.
Please follow these step by step instructions below and refer to this manual: http://orientalmotor.com/products/pdfs/ ... 142-3E.pdf
-start from PAGE 66.
Starting from factory/default settings:
-you can initialize the driver back to its factory/default settings by doing an INITIALIZE operation.
When the driver powers up, you should see "0" on the digital display which indicates 0 RPM.
1. Press Mode button 4X until screen shows “test”
2. Press Set button 1X (now screen shows “lo”)
3. Press Down button 2X, (shows "oP-d")
4. Press Set button 1X (shows "no00")
To start motor press Set button 1X
To stop motor press Mode button 1X
For screen transitions in TEST mode, please see below.
To change speed , acceleration or deceleration use screwdriver to adjust potentiometers on the front panel of the driver.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest