ASD 20A

baron1966

ASD 20A

Postby baron1966 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:02 am

Hi Guys,

I have a alarm on on my driver, an ASD 20A. it gives 2 flashes, which means an overload. I have changed the motor and now need to turn the alarm off. How would i go about this?

Thanks

Baron

om_tech_support_JT

Re: ASD 20A

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Baron,

The answer depends on your specific driver model number. We have many similar versions of your driver. We will need your driver model to determine the proper method(s).

If your have an ASD20A-C or ASD20A-S, then you can try cycling the power, or turn on the ACL input to reset the alarm.

If you have an ASD20A-CP or ASD20A-SP, then the 2 blink alarm could also mean overheat protection and overspeed error in addition to overload. You can narrow down the issue by referring to the alarm code by directly communicating with the driver with an ASCII terminal such as Microsoft Window's Hyperterminal.

If your driver model is not any of the above listed models, then please let me know. It would help to have all existing model numbers as well as an explanation of how the motor is being used.

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Baron,

FYI: To download specific literature such as operating manuals, you can search by the driver's part number (or product package model number) on our website. Once you are on the specific product page, look under DOWNLOADS for the link.

tommaso.carditello

Postby tommaso.carditello » Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 am

Hi to all,
I have the same problem of Baron, i would know what exactly mean "cycling the power", and what is the exact procedure to give an ACL input.
I have all the manuals but is not very clear this procedure.
My driver is an ASD20A-C and actually it has a double flash alarm, i already tried to change motor but nothing changed.
Thanks

Tommaso Carditello

om_tech_support_JT

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Wed May 15, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Tommaso,

"Cycling" the power means turning the power off, then turning the power back on again.

To give an ACL (Alarm Clear) input to our driver, you'll have to 1st decide if you want to wire this input as a sinking input or a sourcing input. We can wire our input both ways.

If you connect +5VDC to the ACL input (pin 21 on CN4 connector), then you'll need to connect the [url]ACL[/url] input (pin 22 on CN4) to your GND.

If you connect GND to the ACL input (pin 21), then you'll need to connect the [url]ACL[/url] input (pin 22) to your +5VDC.

For a wiring example for our driver to your controller, please see PAGES 28-30 of the AS series operating manual:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 59-17E.pdf

A 2-blink alarm indicates an overload condition which happens when a load exceeding the maximum torque is applied to the motor for five seconds or more.

Did you replace your motor with another motor of the same model? If you connect a incompatible motor to the driver, it will also generate alarms.

You could also try to increase your motor current setting. Current is proportional to torque.

I'll need to know the sequence of events that led you to the alarm to troubleshoot further.

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”