How to turn on S-ON input on NX driver from SCX10 controller

om_tech_support_JT

How to turn on S-ON input on NX driver from SCX10 controller

Postby om_tech_support_JT » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Q: I am using your SCX10 universal controller with your NX series servo motor and driver set in position control mode. I realized that I need to turn the S-ON input on in order to enable the motor before I input pulses to the NX driver. Where can I connect this to the SCX10 controller, and how do I turn this on from the SCX10?

A: In order to do this, you must wire the 25 pin D-sub connector from the SCX10 to the NX driver correctly. The easiest way to verify your wiring would be to refer to the wiring/connection examples between the SCX10 and the NX series drivers in the SCX10's operating manual. The correct wiring diagram to follow will depend on your 5v/24v, SINK/SOURCE switch setting on the SCX10. By the way, for proper integration of SCX10 and NX series drivers, you should use 5V.

Please refer to page 58 of the SCX10 manual if your switch is set to SINK, and see page 59 if your switch is set to SOURCE:
http://www.orientalmotor.com/products/p ... 3013-9.pdf

PIn 7 from the SCX10 controller (CON) must be connected to pin 23 from the NX driver (S-ON).
5v would be provided by the SCX10's CON output, and the NX driver's S-ON input will find a path to ground GND through pin 22 (IN-COM).
Please see excerpts from the SCX10 manual below:
SCX10 controller to NX driver IO wiring example, sink logic 5v.jpg
SCX10 controller to NX driver IO wiring example, sink logic 5v.jpg (154.44 KiB) Viewed 2550 times

SCX10 controller to NX driver IO wiring example, source logic 5v.jpg
SCX10 controller to NX driver IO wiring example, source logic 5v.jpg (149.65 KiB) Viewed 2550 times

Return to “Stepping Motors & Controls”